Monday, October 28, 2013

NORASEELA - I NEVER LOBBY



Having been in the spotlight for the wrong reasons for the past week, hurdler Noraseela Khalid stepped forward to shed light on the purported lobbying for her to be included into the Myanmar SEA Games contingent.

There have been reports attributed to National Sports Council Director General Dato Seri Zolkples Embong lambasting the Malaysian Athletics Federation for not including Noraseela and Lee Hup Wei, stating that the duo had contributed to Malaysian athletics and should be in the squad for the SEA Games.

“To be honest I never did lobby to be included into the team for the SEA Games,” clarified Nooraseela.

“I know my physical condition and I thought I could record a good time at the Malaysian Open but failed to do so.

“Hence I did not qualify to be sent on merit and I respect the decision taken by the MAF.

“Therefore I do not know why a big fuss is being created about the SEA Games as really I should be looking beyond that.”

Noraseela said that she has met up with the NSC Director General Dato Seri Zolkples Embong and MAF President Dato Zainal Abidin to inform them of her plans.

“When I said that I wanted to go to South Africa, I meant that I want to use that stint not only to improve myself physically but also to pursue my further studies,” clarified Nooraseela when met at the CGF Baton Run at the Lake Gardens.

“The plan is to get into shape and try to qualify for the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games next year.

“I have time to recover from my injuries and get back into shape as well to launch one last hurrah for my athletics career.

“I need the support of all parties, be it the NSC, NSI, OCM and MAF and I am hoping that they will make a good decision for my career, as running is in my blood and I want to be in top physical shape before running at international meets.”